While kids’ games have evolved a lot in recent years, there are still plenty of fantastic options for toddlers to teens who like video games. The best video games for kids in 2022 include diverse, engaging titles that tend to be educational.
Video games have been a staple for children of all ages since the early 1980s. At least 50 years of gaming later, video games have kept kids of all ages entertained and stimulated. So which video games are best suited for kids in 2022?
Kids love to play video games, and they love the Olympics even more. So why not combine the two? The upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics will be in Beijing, China, and to celebrate, the developers of the Rocket League have released a special Olympic Games edition of the popular car action game.
Here Are the Top Video Games for Kids This 2022
- Nintendo Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Nintendo will be bringing back Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch in 2022. This kart racing game features classic Nintendo characters, such as Mario and Luigi, and features such as characters from the Super Mario Odyssey game series, such as Bowser and Peach, as well as new characters, such as Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy from Nintendo’s newest release, Super Mario Odyssey.
- EA Sports FIFA 21. The 2022 FIFA World Cup is fast approaching, and if you’re a soccer fan, you’ll want to tune your TV to ESPN to watch the top European teams compete for the coveted trophy. If you’re a kid, you’re in luck: Electronic Arts has just announced a video game version of the World Cup that will be released in 2022.
- Epic Games Fortnite. Epic Games’ Fortnite is the fastest growing video game in history, so it makes sense that Epic has big plans for the franchise in 2022. The company unveiled that it plans to create more than 100 new games for kids in 2022, all centred around Fortnite. They’ll include “a new action-puzzle series featuring llamas and llamacorns, a new platforming series, an adventure game, and a series inspired by Disney’s Frozen movies.”
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Launch Edition. Ratchet & Clank games have entertained millions of players worldwide and made its hero, Ratchet, into a pop culture icon. Now, Mark Cerny, the mastermind behind the PlayStation VR, PlayStation VR Worlds, and God of War, is returning Ratchet & Clank to gaming greatness with the highly anticipated and highly anticipated release of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
- Nintendo Switch Pokémon Snap. The Nintendo Switch Pokémon Snap is Nintendo’s latest hybrid console. The Nintendo Switch Pokémon Snap offers gamers new ways to explore Pokémon species. The Nintendo Switch Pokémon Snap is a portable console and can connect to a home system via docked mode. The Nintendo Switch Pokémon Snap offers console-like games to gamers on the go. The Nintendo Switch Pokémon Snap comes with two Joy-Con controllers, a Joy-Con grip, a dock, an AC adapter, a wired USB-C charging cable, and a collector’s box.
- Just Dance 2021. Just Dance’s 2022 game will include 100-plus all-new songs and dances, along with 20 new freestyle gameplay moves. But kids and parents alike shouldn’t get too excited: the biggest change will be Just Dance 2022’s focus on accessibility. The 2022 game will include features to help new players learn new dance steps, including a freestyle mode that adapts to your skill level, and the “Learning Guide” lets users record themselves and progress through practice videos.
- SEGA Tokyo Olympic Games 2020. This 2022 SEGA Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 will bring home the gold to SEGA fans. But is this the year you finally beat all those rivals in the arcades? It’s never too late to learn the ins and outs of the game, and this SEGA Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 Starter Guide will get you up to speed on everything you need to know. It’s an easy way to make 2022 your best year yet—and SEGA has plenty more games to play and medals to win.
The video games industry is a global phenomenon that shows no signs of slowing down. New games are being released every year, while titles from previous years are upgraded with new fixes and improvements. A new video game release, especially ones related to the Olympics, can be something to look forward to each year.